I’m a big fan of those little mini egg nests you get at Easter time, you know the ones, chocolate cake covered in a chocolate ganache, sprinkled with chocolate shavings and topped with chocolate eggs. Chocolate overload!
Now I’m not complaining about them at all, but when I’m trying to eat healthy, a quadruple chocolate cake is probably the last thing I should be eating.
After seeing Meridian’s recipe for their Caramel Almond Popcorn Nests, I decided to reinvent it to suit my Easter theme. The combination of their Chocolate and Hazelnut Butter and a few tiny chocolate eggs provided just enough chocolate for me to enjoy the snack without feeling too guilty. For those of you who aren’t too bothered about this (or those saying ‘Screw it, it’s Easter!’) Feel free to drizzle some extra chocolate over the popcorn before popping in the fridge to set.
Chocolate and Hazelnut Easter Popcorn Nests
40g Plain Popcorn (Can pop at home or use a low calorie brand)
3 Tbsp Meridian Cocoa and Hazelnut Butter
70g Coconut Oil (Melted)
– Blitz the dates in the food processor with the Coconut oil and Hazelnut butter until smooth.
– Stir into the popcorn, mixing well to ensure an even coverage.
– Place into baking cases, you may need to be a little firm and apply a small amount of pressure to ensure that all the popcorn sticks together.
– Decorate with eggs (If you wish, stick the eggs in place with a little melted chocolate)
– Refrigerate until set
– Don’t tell anyone else in the house you’ve made them because these are definitely not for sharing!