Want a way to use up those creme eggs after Easter without scoffing the lot in one sitting? Then try my Protein Creme Egg brownies.
Perfect post gym snack, great pudding and lovely evening treat. These babies are made with a base of kidney beans and dates, so you can indulge without guilt!
I’ve used Whey box’s Chocolate protein for these. If you want to mix it up a little you could always try the chocolate orange flavour, or if you’re watching your macros and want to increase the protein, you could always add a second sachet.
Let me know what you think!
Creme Egg Protein Brownies
- 180g Red Kidney Beans
- 120g Dates
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Sachet of Whey Box Chocolate Protein (Or Chocolate Orange if you prefer)
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp (Heaped) Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Soak the pitted dates in hot water for 10 minutes
- Drain and wash Kidney Beans
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until a smooth texture is achieved
- Add Mixture to a greased 8×8 baking tray and place in the oven for around 45 minutes at 180
- Press halves of Creme Egg into the brownies with around 5 minutes of cooking time remaining