Another ‘souper’ simple recipe! (See what I did there?)
Creating a fresh batch of soup to take into work for lunch is becoming a regular thing, check out this curried sweet potato and carrot soup. Perfect with some thick cut bread!
Curried Sweet Potato & Carrot Soup
3 Medium Carrots
3 Medium Sweet Potatoes
750ml Vegetable stock
2 tsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Turmeric
– Peel and chop the sweet potatoes and the carrots into 1 inch cubes.
– Coat with a low calorie spray (or drizzle with oil) and place in the oven at 180C for 20 to 25 minutes
– Roughly chop and fry 2 onions in a saucepan
– Add the spices and stir before adding the stock and allowing to simmer.
– Once the vegetables have been roasted add to the saucepan.
– Remove from the heat and blend, adding extra water as you go until you reach the required consistency.