I’m still trying to find the best way to flavour Tofu…
I love the idea of tofu, but everytime I’ve used it in something I’ve found it to be a bland, pointless addition to whatever dish I was making.
So I decided to have a go at using it in a curry. To be honest, I haven’t seen many recipes for tofu curries but after creating this dish, I’m not sure why!
The mix of Indian spices worked really well to give the tofu a nice flavour. Combined with the twin-textured tofu, soft on the inside but a slight crisp outer made this meal alot more interesting to eat than when I’ve used tofu in the past.
Let me know what you guys think! (And if you have any other ideas on favouring tofu, drop me a comment at the bottom!)
Tofu & Spinach Curry
Large Handful of Spinach
2 Medium Onions
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
– Roughly slice the onions and fry in a saucepan with a low calories spray (or a little oil) over a medium heat until the onions start to brown
– Finely chop the garlic and the ginger, add to the saucepan and allow to cook for a couple of minutes.
– Add the Garam masala, cumin, turmeric, chili powder and coriander to the pan and stir before adding the stock. Simmer for 5 minutes.
– Once the stock has started to reduce add the tomatoes.
– In the meantime, slice the tofu into squares and coat with a little oil/low cal spray, 1 tsp of paprika and a pinch of garam masala and salt.
– Place the tofu into a heated frying pan, turning regularly so all sides start to brown.
– 2 minutes before the end add the spinach to the saucepan before finally adding the now cooked tofu.
– Serve with rice and enjoy!